Home

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tahiti travels

Well, I thought you might like to see some of the travels getting to the Island of Moorea. We flew into Tahiti, arriving at 10:30 at night. It took a bit to get the bags, so we were ready to leave the airport around 11:30 pm. Since we had to travel to Moorea, we had to spend the night in a hotel, as the last ferry had already departed for the night. We stayed in the Tahiti Airport Hotel, just a five minute walk across the parking lot from the airport. We had no idea how steep the walk would be from the street to the hotel...


The hotel from the street... a long walk up with lots of bags :-) (no elevator)
Airport view from the hotel... View of Moorea from the hotel...
In the morning we decided to take the bus to the ferry dock instead of a $25 taxi, we are always up for an adventure... And can you believe it, when I changed the battery in my little point and shoot, I didn't know that it turned the date function on... bummer!


More later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you two are so stinkin cute!! Lucky dogs..hope the wedding is coming out beautifully!! They always do!! See ya round my second home..LOL :)

Kelly said...

Oh didn't you just love tahiti?? You got to do a wedding there...I love your job! Thats where Jeff and I went on the honeymooon! Miss you guys...hope you are doing great! Love Kelly