Home

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Valuable lesson...

Yesterday Doug and I were painting the bathroom at the new studio and I learned a very valuable lesson... Don't wear a dangling necklace when you are leaning over the toilet painting the wall behind it, especially if the tray holding the paint is sitting on the toilet seat.

Here's what happened, try to picture this: When I finished painting behind the toilet, I moved the paint tray and noticed paint on the toilet seat. I thought hmmm how did that get there. Then I looked down, I saw there was paint on the outside of my "painting sweater" that had the top button missing. Afraid to look inside, I found that the necklace had come out of the sweater got in the paint and went back inside my shirt. Oh great I thought and jumped up to go and clean up.

I came back in the bathroom and looked down and saw paint smeared on the newspaper on the floor, oh great I thought again, that necklace was busier than I thought. I was afraid to look anywhere else on myself to see what other kind of mess I made!

Well I did look and found paint all over the knee of my favorite jeans (of course I hadn't changed into my "painting jeans" because I had gained a few pounds and they were "a little tight"). I ran back to the other bathroom to scrub the knee of my jeans. Funny thing... all of this happened while Doug was outside. I was tempted not to tell him of my latest escapade, but decided he needed a laugh.

I seem to spend alot of time laughing at myself lately!! I'll tell you the story of the protein drink another time.

No comments: