Home

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Look at that jump...

On Saturday we took action shots at the Parkrose Dance Competition. This is probably the toughest shooting that I do, but mostly because of the costumes, not because of the action. My goal is to get shots of as many different dancers as I can in that short period of time. So much of the time with the costumes and makeup, they look similar when looking through the little viewfinder of the camera.

All of the teams and dancers show an incredible amount of dedication. Practicing hours on end to perfect their routines. As former dance parents, Doug and I know first hand what is involved. Our daughter was on the Parkrose team for two years. I remember the first year I was somewhat amazed at the whole dance world. Stefanie told me about her first competition and that it was an all day event, I just kind of cocked my head to the side and said, "Really? wow" Well that was the first year. The second year Doug and I were full fledged prop parents, setting up and taking down props, painting floors, and hanging out with the crew. Hard to believe this was 10 years ago!!

Here is one of the cool shots from Saturday!


No comments: