Home

Monday, December 22, 2008

Still in Connecticut!!!

Well now that the big day is over, I can talk about it. Today is Jessie's 30th birthday (ugh it is hard to admit I have a daughter that age =) Last Friday Brian had planned a great surprise party for Jessie, which is the main reason I came to visit the East Coast. Well wouldn't you know they had 10 inches of snow on Friday, so Brian had to push the party to Saturday night...
Now a little about the party, Brian is so creative, it just amazes me sometimes. We both worked all afternoon while Jessie was out with a friend to prepare for her arrival. Below is the invitation he sent out, designed by Jessie's sister Jacie from http://www.pinkrabbitdesign.com/. If you ever had a need for custom invitations, note cards, stationary, etc. she does great work.

As you enter the dining room Brian had a station set up where you picked up your wine tasting kit, decorated your wine glass with initials beads, etc.
The living room was the White Wine room, with a selection cheese, olives and crackers, oh and of course, some nice wines for sampling.
The dining room held the red wines and more delectable snacks...
Jessie's studio held shrimp with cocktail sauce and a fabulous salad...
and of course the desert table!

I am so glad that I was able to come and be a part of the celebration... the only thing better would have been to have Doug here with me. I am so thankful though, that he is there to take of mom for me, so I don't have to worry while I am far away. And with the way things are in Portland right now, I don't know if I am going to make it home for Christmas!

No comments: